Residential property department – Huntingdon office
Copleys is currently looking for a bright and enthusiastic person to join our residential conveyancing department to service our growing property work.
The firm welcomes applications from ambitious Solicitors, CILEx or CLC of 4 years or more PQE. The position is based at our Huntingdon office.
The ideal candidate must have residential conveyancing experience which includes full responsibility for handling all aspects of their own caseload. This is not a starter position or an opportunity for someone looking to build on trainee conveyancer experience gained elsewhere.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Receiving instructions and providing legal advice to clients on purchase, sales, re-mortgage and transfer of equity matters
- ID requirements, source of funds, gift deposits, risk assessments
- Issuing contracts
- Mortgage redemptions
- Exchange of contracts
- Ordering and reporting on searches
- Checking and reporting of titles (including leases and raising associated enquiries)
- Checking and reporting on mortgages
- Checking and reporting on management packs
- New build and second-hand transactions
- Unregistered land
- Dealing with completion process
- Managing and developing relations with referrers
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Hard working
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Confident and professional in their written and verbal communication
Salary commensurate with experience.