Wills & Probate
What is the service we offer?
The department's work covers the following areas:-
- Will drafting and Estate Planning
- Administration of Estates including Intestacies
- Creation of trusts and administration
- Office Of The Public Guardian
- Powers of Attorney
- Tax - inheritance, capital gains, income tax and tax returns
- Charitable gifts
- Advising the elderly and long term care planning
How much will it cost?
An explanation of the way in which costs are charged will be supplied to each client and estimates will be provided whenever possible as to the likely total cost. The costs charged will typically increase in line with the length of time required to complete a matter. There are fixed fees for simple Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
How the service works
We will always endeavour to meet the client and take full instructions to ensure that all needs of that client are known. The department contains several fee earners, one of whom will have day to day control of the client's file. Overall responsibility for each file will rest with the Partner in the department.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants the reassurance that:-
- On death their assets will be distributed as intended
- Their affairs will be dealt with in such a way as to minimise the tax that might be payable
- Their estates will be administered in an efficient manner
- Advice will be tailored to the needs of the individual client
What you should do next